MPI_WaitallWaits for all given communications to complete
#include "mpi.h" int MPI_Waitall( int count, MPI_Request array_of_requests, MPI_Status array_of_statuses )
|count||lists length (integer)
|array_of_requests||array of requests (array of handles)
- array of status objects (array of Status)
Note on status for send operationsFor send operations, the only use of status is for MPI_Test_cancelled or in the case that there is an error, in which case the MPI_ERROR field of status will be set.
Notes for FortranAll MPI routines in Fortran (except for MPI_WTIME and MPI_WTICK) have an additional argument ierr at the end of the argument list. ierr is an integer and has the same meaning as the return value of the routine in C. In Fortran, MPI routines are subroutines, and are invoked with the call statement.
All MPI objects (e.g., MPI_Datatype, MPI_Comm) are of type INTEGER in Fortran.
All MPI routines (except MPI_Wtime and MPI_Wtick) return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. Before the value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Errhandler_set; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarentee that an MPI program can continue past an error.
- No error; MPI routine completed successfully.
- Invalid MPI_Request. Either null or, in the case of a MPI_Start or MPI_Startall, not a persistent request.
- Invalid argument. Some argument is invalid and is not identified by a specific error class (e.g., MPI_ERR_RANK).
- The actual error value is in the MPI_Status argument. This error class is returned only from the multiple-completion routines (MPI_Testall, MPI_Testany, MPI_Testsome, MPI_Waitall, MPI_Waitany, and MPI_Waitsome). The field MPI_ERROR in the status argument contains the error value or MPI_SUCCESS (no error and complete) or MPI_ERR_PENDING to indicate that the request has not completed.
- Pending request (not an error). See MPI_ERR_IN_STATUS. This value indicates that the request is not complete nor has a encountered a detected error.