MPI_Sendrecv_replaceSends and receives using a single buffer
#include "mpi.h" int MPI_Sendrecv_replace( void *buf, int count, MPI_Datatype datatype, int dest, int sendtag, int source, int recvtag, MPI_Comm comm, MPI_Status *status )
|count||number of elements in send and receive buffer (integer)
|datatype||type of elements in send and receive buffer (handle)
|dest||rank of destination (integer)
|sendtag||send message tag (integer)
|source||rank of source (integer)
|recvtag||receive message tag (integer)
|buf||initial address of send and receive buffer (choice)
|status||status object (Status)
Notes for FortranAll MPI routines in Fortran (except for MPI_WTIME and MPI_WTICK) have an additional argument ierr at the end of the argument list. ierr is an integer and has the same meaning as the return value of the routine in C. In Fortran, MPI routines are subroutines, and are invoked with the call statement.
All MPI objects (e.g., MPI_Datatype, MPI_Comm) are of type INTEGER in Fortran.
All MPI routines (except MPI_Wtime and MPI_Wtick) return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. Before the value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Errhandler_set; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarentee that an MPI program can continue past an error.
- No error; MPI routine completed successfully.
- Invalid communicator. A common error is to use a null communicator in a call (not even allowed in MPI_Comm_rank).
- Invalid count argument. Count arguments must be non-negative; a count of zero is often valid.
- Invalid datatype argument. May be an uncommitted MPI_Datatype (see MPI_Type_commit).
- Invalid tag argument. Tags must be non-negative; tags in a receive (MPI_Recv, MPI_Irecv, MPI_Sendrecv, etc.) may also be MPI_ANY_TAG. The largest tag value is available through the the attribute MPI_TAG_UB.
- Invalid source or destination rank. Ranks must be between zero and the size of the communicator minus one; ranks in a receive (MPI_Recv, MPI_Irecv, MPI_Sendrecv, etc.) may also be MPI_ANY_SOURCE.
- Message truncated on receive. The buffer size specified was too small for the received message. This is a recoverable error in the MPICH implementation.
- This error is returned when some part of the MPICH implementation is unable to acquire memory.