MPI_Group_range_exclProduces a group by excluding ranges of processes from an existing group
#include "mpi.h" int MPI_Group_range_excl ( group, n, ranges, newgroup ) MPI_Group group, *newgroup; int n, ranges;
|n||number of elements in array ranks (integer)
array of integer triplets of the
form (first rank, last rank, stride), indicating the ranks in
group of processes to be excluded
from the output group newgroup .
- new group derived from above, preserving the order in group (handle)
NoteCurrently, each of the ranks to exclude must be a valid rank in the group and all elements must be distinct or the function is erroneous. This restriction is per the draft.
Notes for FortranAll MPI routines in Fortran (except for MPI_WTIME and MPI_WTICK) have an additional argument ierr at the end of the argument list. ierr is an integer and has the same meaning as the return value of the routine in C. In Fortran, MPI routines are subroutines, and are invoked with the call statement.
All MPI objects (e.g., MPI_Datatype, MPI_Comm) are of type INTEGER in Fortran.
All MPI routines (except MPI_Wtime and MPI_Wtick) return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. Before the value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Errhandler_set; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarentee that an MPI program can continue past an error.
- No error; MPI routine completed successfully.
- Null group passed to function.
- This error is returned when some part of the MPICH implementation is unable to acquire memory.
- Invalid source or destination rank. Ranks must be between zero and the size of the communicator minus one; ranks in a receive (MPI_Recv, MPI_Irecv, MPI_Sendrecv, etc.) may also be MPI_ANY_SOURCE.
- Invalid argument. Some argument is invalid and is not identified by a specific error class (e.g., MPI_ERR_RANK).